Toddlers are curious creatures and children will do everything in their power to explore the world and absorb everything around them. Because they are moving around so much, it’s no wonder that they come across more dangers that could pose a challenge in childcare.
Petits Poussins Brooklyn has listed some tips for parents to keep their toddlers safe without inhibiting their growth:
- Do not leave your children around water on their own such as bathtubs, pools, ponds, lakes, etc. Among toddlers aged 2 to 3 years old, drowning is the leading cause of injuries among this age group.
- Encourage toddlers to sit down while eating and chew their food properly while eating to prevent choking. Also, check often for loose or broken toys which they may accidentally swallow and block their airways.
- Encourage free play for your children. Our daycare in Brooklyn, New York allows toddlers to stay active and strong to help develop their cognitive, social, physical skills.
- Limit children’s screen time. Develop a media use plan for them where you allow them to watch limited-time quality programming at home or at their preschool in Brooklyn.
- Give your children attention and praise them when they exhibit positive behavior or follow instructions. Don’t reward their tantrums with attention and teach them ways on how they can show that they are upset.